This past year has been more crazy than usual—on top of the usual madness I always find myself in, we decided to move house in June. Life is finally becoming regularly crazy again, which means the time has arrived for me to, once again, do the things I love. One of those is reading short stories, and what better way to get back into them then by giving away free story critiques?
Is this offer for me?
Do you write short stories up to 7500 words, either in English or Dutch? If so, then, yes.
What is a story critique?
A story critique is a critical report regarding:
- Whether the story immediately grabs the reader’s attention.
- Whether the story includes believable and well-developed characters.
- Whether the dialogue serves the story and comes across as natural.
- Whether the plot is well developed and well-structured. Does the pace serve the story?
- Whether the story takes place in a setting that makes sense and serves the overall story.
- Whether the ending has the impact it needs.
- Any particular aspects you would like me to comment on.
How do I get my short story critiqued?
Simply email your story to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are any particular aspects you would like me to look at critically, just mention them in your email and I will make sure to pay extra attention to them.
Are you going to critique every short story sent to you?
I wish I could, but there are only a limited number of spots available. As such, those who come first are served first.
Are there any strings attached?
None whatsoever 🙂
For inspiration, you might want to check out the wonderful article “5 Secret Tips to Writing a Successful Short Story” from the Huffington Post. Looking forward to reading your work!