We might no longer be doing the Doing Diversity in Writing podcast, but that doesn’t make the episodes we produced any less relevant. If you haven’t listened to the three seasons we put out yet, here’s your chance.
Here are some of the topics that came up:
- the fact some characters are overrepresented while others are severely underrepresented in fiction
- positive, and less positive, examples from our childhood and adult reading
- Mariëlle’s #ownvoices project My Voice, My Story
- some of the reasons our literary canon is the way it is, even though things are slowly changing
- how representing diverse characters is not just about quantity, it’s also about the quality of those representations