Promotional interviews are meant to promote anything that helps writers write, publish, stay sane, and/or stay healthy, in the broadest sense possible. This can be a (series of) non-fiction book(s), podcasts, courses, retreats, groups, blogs, magazines, and so on and so forth.
How does it work?
The interviews are all structured around the following interview questions, but if you want to rewrite some of them or add a question (or two), please do.
- What is [title book, podcast, course, retreat, group, blog, magazine, …] about?
- How is [title book, podcast, course, retreat, group, blog, magazine, …] different from everything else out there? What does it add?
- Why did you [write, create, started, …] [title book, podcast, course, retreat, group, blog, magazine, …]?
- Who will benefit from [title book, podcast, course, retreat, group, blog, magazine, …]?
- What is the best writing advice you were ever given?
Once you’ve sent your answers back to me, I’ll go over the material. If I have any questions of clarifications and/or elaboration, I’ll get the document back to you. I will then ask you to approve the final version, and we’re done.
- aren’t sure whether your product fits, please don’t hesitate to shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- have multiple products, we can do multiple interviews: I love to have recurring guests, so you shouldn’t feel the need to put everything you do into one piece.
- are currently planning on doing something in the near or far future and you want to secure a spot at the right time for you, just let me know and we’ll see whether we can find a time slot that works for us both.
Please submit the following to email@example.com so I can add it to the post:
- Your answers to the questions
- A short bio
- A picture of you (if you want to)
- An image of the product (whether book, course, podcast, blog, and so on) you want to promote
- The links to where people can find it
- Any additional images you would like to have included
- Your personal links (website, twitter, blog, and so on)
Looking forward to hearing from you!